Cake Mix Lemon Cookies

Read...

After breakfast the other day, I was totally craving Lemon Cookies. I love me some lemon cookies; I pretty much love anything lemon. I didn’t have all of the ingredients for my “go to” Lemon Crinkle Cookies recipe. I wanted something that tastes equally as good and FAST! We’re in the middle of a blizzard outside so I started brainstorming a recipe to try using ingredients I had on hand. I remembered hearing about cake mix cookies that people love so much but I’ve never tried them. I looked up a recipe and they all call for Lemon Cake mix. Shoot. I didn’t have any… but, I did find some yellow cake mix.  A light bulb went off and I decided to combine the two recipes to create the best lemon cookies ever.  15 minutes later, I had moist on the inside, warm and baked to perfection on the outside, Cake Mix Lemon Cookies.  YES, 15 minutes from start to finished baking. They are so ridiculously easy and I’m pretty sure they serve these in Heaven.





Ingredients:

18.25 oz Yellow Cake Mix (this size is getting harder to come by… see note below!)

1/3 cup of vegetable oil

2 eggs

2-3 Tablespoons of lemon juice

approximately 1/3 cup of powdered sugar

Note: You can switch the Yellow Cake Mix and lemon juice for a box of Lemon Cake Mix. Make sure it is the right size box or you will end up with super sticky cookies. You can solve this by coating your hands with powdered sugar when you handle them.


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Mix yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and lemon juice with a mixer. Dough will be sticky.

Take a spoonful of the dough, roll it into approximately 1″ ball and roll it in the powdered sugar. I just poured some powdered sugar in a bowl and rolled the dough ball around to cover it.

Bake for 6-8 minutes. Watch carefully around 6 minutes and pull them out of the oven when the edges start to brown. Let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

Makes 1-2 dozen depending on how big you make your dough balls.


Read Full Recipes >> www.classyclutter.net