Crock Pot Mac-n-Cheese

Read...

If you need a dish to throw together for a family meal, potluck or special event...this is the one! I teased about this recipe on social media a couple times last week and it was hit with a flood of emotions. Holy cheese! Cheese, much? I want this, NOW! It became certain that people are either a cheese lover or hater.  Obviously I am a cheese lover. Always have been, always will be. Dear Lord, please don't ever let me become lactose intolerant. Even though I made this last week, yesterday I wanted to make it again and dive head first into the crock pot with just a fork in tow. I'm about up to my ears with sickness in this house and after Day 7 of the little one having a fever, snotty nose and temperament of a raging lion, I wanted to take a crock pot of this cheesy goodness and just hide in a closet.





As she was laying on my chest yesterday, twisting around, being restless, my mind was escaping to my pantry thinking if I had the ingredients for another batch.  Then I thought of how I could possibly throw the darn dish together with her pulling on my leg the whole time wanting to be held.


In the end I had a boring cheese quesadilla for dinner while the husband worked late. Boring!


Throw everything together after the kids wake up from nap and it will be ready for dinner. Put it all in for a family gathering or potluck shortly before you leave.  Plug it in in the morning before work, set the timer on one of those fancy dancy crock pots {I need one} and it can be checked on by the kids or husband, whomever gets home first.


And if you don't have one of those fancy crock pots, HERE is the one I use faithfully, the Cook'N Carry 6 Quart Crock-Pot.  It's awesome and has never failed me.


CROCK POT MAC-N-CHEESE

PREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOK TIME: 2 HOURTOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS AND 15 MINS

This is the mac-n-cheese recipe that all my friends request. And it's done in the crock pot! Super creamy with four different cheeses, it is defintely a dish you will not forget.


INGREDIENTS:


2 c. cooked, al dente, elbow macaroni

2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded

1 c. provolone cheese, shredded

1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded

1/2 c. sour cream

1/2 c. mayo

4 oz. cream cheese, softened

14 oz. can evaporated milk

1 t. salt

1 t. pepper

1/2 t. dry mustard


INSTRUCTIONS:


Spray a large 5-6 quart crock pot with cooking spray.

In a pot cook the macaroni according to directions, leaving al dente, about 3-4 minutes shy of being done. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place the macaroni in the crock pot.

Add in the cheeses, sour cream, cream cheese, mayo and seasonings, stirring to combine.

Pour the evaporated milk over top the mixture.

Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring once half way through.

Serve hot.


Read Full Recipes >> www.sweetandsavoryfood.com